Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Quilters Coffee or Tea Cup

2015-01-06-09.14I just had to show you the new cup that I got for Christmas.  It is a regular coffee/tea mug, you just can’t see the handle as the printing is on the opposite side of the handle.  Most cups have the designs on the sides so this one is a little different that way.  I can’t wait to take it to quilt guild to show it off.

In our quilt guild we encourage members to bring their own cup or glass to meetings for their drink as it sure saves on the use of Styrofoam or paper cups.  The hostesses bring a few disposable cups for guests but everyone else brings their own.2015-01-14-14.10I even have a little padded drawstring bag to carry my cup that a friend gave me many, many years ago. I use it every meeting too so it has gotten a lot of use and protects the cup a bit in the tote bag that I carry to guild and also protects the other things I carry in the tote from the cup or any left over drips.  If I were making one now I would make it just a tad deeper so I could pull the drawstrings to completely cover the cup handle but this works and I have no plans to get rid of it.  It has been laundered lots of times over the years and has held up well.

After I typed in the words “many, many years” indicating how long I have had the little drawstring bag, I decided to look it up as I was curious since I didn’t remember.  It was given to me by a retiring Nebraska State Quilt Guild President as a gift for serving on a committee during her year as president and I have all the old NSQG newsletters so it was just a matter of looking through the first few years of the guild until I found the date.  She served in 1990 so it really was many, many years ago…actually I could probably call it an antique by now and looking at the fabric she made it from you can date it a bit that way too.  All I know is I love it and use it monthly and think of Lois every time.

Until later,
Lynn

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

What a great coffee / tea cup and a good idea to bring your own to meetings. Cute little carrying bag. It's nice to have things like that to remind us of friends or special people in our lives.

Barb Blincow said...

Love this, haven't seen that saying before,see you at guild next month!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...