Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Quilting with Magnifico Thread

IMG_2144Magnifico thread is from the Superior Threads company and is a trilobal polyester thread.  Because of it being trilobal it is very shiny and is labeled for embroidery and quilting.  It is a 2 ply, 40 wt. thread and I used a size 14 topstitch needle to quilt this sample.  Batting is unknown brand and type but think it has to be mostly cotton by the feel of it.  Bobbin is Bottom Line by Superior Threads.IMG_2142

I have no complaints about this thread at all – stitched well and good tension so didn’t make any adjustments to the tension and kept the stitch length to the default length of 2.  Like all the threads I have tried from Superior Threads this one performed well.  My only complaint might be the price as threads from this company tend to be a bit high but the quality is there too so maybe one off sets the other.

I sometimes got it a bit of a hurry when quilting these samples and some of my backtracking doesn’t follow the line it was supposed to…what can I say but I was running out of time to get all my samples finished in time to give my program so rushed through some of them. 

It is kind of funny about testing all these different threads that it doesn’t take more than a couple of lines of stitching to get a feel for the thread and how it is going to behave most of the time.  The rest of the sample is to make sure my first observations were correct.

Until later,
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...