Friday, April 26, 2013

Quilting With Coats Dual Duty Plus

IMG_2816Today I am reviewing the sample I quilted with Coats Dual Duty Plus thread.  This is again a general purpose sewing thread that is mercerized cotton covered polyester.  I could not find the information on the weight or ply of thread but it is a medium weight thread and does leave a little lint in the machine but not bad enough to cause a problem.IMG_2172Same song as before – Bernina 730 (old one), BSR foot with 2.0 stitch length.  Bottom Line by Superior Threads in bobbin and an unknown batting (probably cotton).  I also used a size 14 quilting needle for this sample.

I had to increase the top tension a bit to 4.5 but after that it sewed beautifully.  This thread really surprised me as I was all set to not like it.  It stitched smoothly and paired up nicely with the Bottom Line bobbin thread. The backtracking was not too heavy and the quilting motifs show up great stitched in this thread.   I would definitely use this thread again!

Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...