Thursday, April 18, 2013

Machine Quilting With DMC Machine Embroidery Thread

IMG_2169I quilted this sample with 100% cotton machine embroidery thread by DMC.  This is a fine thread, 2 ply size 50 with a soft shine.  It is not a strong thread but would be great for quilting a wall hanging or miniature quilt.  I used a size 14 quilting needle and a stitch length of 2.0 and 4.0 tension on my Bernina 730 using the BSR stitch regulator.IMG_2168This thread quilted very nicely on the quilt sandwich with 80/20 Hobbs batting.  The Bottom Line thread by Superior Threads used in the bobbin matched up very nicely with the DMC thread.

I use this thread I use when piecing my miniature quilts all the time and have several colors on hand.  It is also nice for applique since it is a lighter weight thread so the stitches blend right into the fabric.

I would recommend this thread for lightweight quilting.  It would be good for background quilting as the thread buildup is not heavy as well as thread for quilting the main motifs.

Until Later,
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...