Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Nebraska Beauty

We have had such beautiful sunsets lately and living here in rural Nebraska we have a good view of them with nothing between us and the wonderful color and I wanted to share it with you all.  The first photo was taken as the color was just starting to show on the undersides of the clouds.IMG_0499The next two photos were taken just a few minutes later and you can see the deepening color.  The sunset spread across a wide area north to south in a riot of pinks, oranges and deep purples.IMG_0498
IMG_0503It is moments like this this that make me love living where I live even more.  It is such an awesome sight that makes the locals and visitors alike want to stop and watch the sun as it sinks in the west causing the sky to fire up during the last minutes before it becomes dark.  John was doing some fall fertilizing several miles away and called me to see if I was watching the color unfold and told me later a neighbor stopped to visit a bit and mentioned the beautiful sunset that evening too. 

I understand that the sunrises are beautiful now too but am never quite with it (or even out of bed) that early to get outside to photograph but will take everyone’s word that they are beautiful as well.

Until Later,
Lynn

1 comment:

Geta Grama said...

Wonderful, Lynn, thank you for sharing! You live in heaven! It reminds me of a view from "Gone with the wind".

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...