Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Embellish the Flower Basket

IMG_7851
The final touch to my basket challenge quilt was to add buttons to the centers of the flowers.  I stacked two buttons for the center of each flower and the large peach colored flower also has a ring of small purple buttons.  To be honest stitching on the buttons was the most problematic of the entire quilt.  I don’t know how many times I would stitch them on and then find them off center so cut them off to start over.  I finally decided they all looked good and called if finished.IMG_7858
Here it is all finished.  The photo makes the outside stitching look white looking when it is actually gold colored thread.  The rest of the colors are pretty true to real life.  Our guild meeting is this Thursday night and it will be good to see what everyone chose for their panel and what they did with it.

Until Later,
Lynn

2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

It is so lovely, you should enter it at the Grand Island Fair. It deserves a ribbon. We are so fortunate with the weather this year, the colors in my flowers are march brighter then ever before. How are the farmers holding up? I heard most of the corn is in.

Send gifts to pakistan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...