Monday, April 9, 2012

Book in the Mail

IMG_7578
I was so excited to get the mail recently and see that I had a large envelope with Romanian stamps and post mark on it.  I had ordered a quilt book from my internet friend Geta Grama, and it had just been released by C&T Publishing.  Geta writes the blog Geta’s Quilting Studio and sells her patterns and book on her website Romanian Quilt Studio and is so clever and talented.   It is available here in the US too since it is published by CNT Publishing so check out your local quilt shop, Amazon.com or Barns & Noble.
IMG_7579Inside the envelope were two pieces of cardboard tied with a very colorful ribbon….more excitement as I untied the knot for my first peek at the book.IMG_7580Yes… it is the book on doing the fantastic shadow quilting with a different twist that Geta has perfected using batting, organza and cotton fabric.  Geta’s  designs are so beautiful.  She gives very good instructions in her book to achieve the same results….a very pretty book and lots of patterns to make these designs too.  I just counted and if I am correct, I counted 31 patterns that need to be enlarged on a copy machine or scanner or better yet you can choose to insert the enclosed DVD that has PDF files with the full sized designs ready to print out.

I am so excited for Geta with the the release of her first book.  I am sure it will be a great success too!  Take a look on her website and check out her other patterns for quilts, purses/bags and boxes while you are there.  I was one of the tester’s for her Ameile bag pattern and it is still one of my favorite bags to use and you know I have made a quite a few fabric bags. She has great instructions with lots of stepped out instructions for that bag too.  I wrote about it here on this post and and you can see what fabrics I chose.

Best of luck Geta on this new book!

Until Later,
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...