Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quilting Threads and Backing

I purchased threads for quilting the Autumn Mums quilt (Frieda Anderson class) the other day.  I also bought a lime green backing fabric.  The fabric is sorta splotchy and think it will work out for the backing for this quilt.  It is not hand dyed like the fabrics on front but less expensive than hand dyes. 

I did select Rayon threads for my quilting threads as I wanted a shiny look.  Hope they hold up - I have heard that Rayon can by less strong as other threads but this quilt is not going to be an heirloom anyway.  Anyone with any experience using Rayon threads to quilt with?  Will let you know how it works out for me.

Happy Quilting,
Lynn 

2 comments:

Geta Grama said...

Use topstitch needles !

Elaine Adair said...

OH Lynn - I have a whole collection of lovely rayon threads that I've used for practice machine quilting but have been 'warned' NOT to use them on a real quilt that will be used and washed. However, no REAL experience! Good luck - I'll be reading other comments to see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...