Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blow The Trumpets, Clash the Cymbals - Nine Patch Friends Is Finished

Finished putting the last stitch into the hanging sleeve so can officially call this quilt finished.  I do like the way it turned out and am looking around my house to see where would be the best place to hang it. 

Here is the back of the quilt.  As you see I had to add a strip of fabric diagonally to make it large enough for the backing.  I described this process of adding a diagonal piece of fabric to widen or lengthen backing on this blog post.
Am glad I am done with the hand work on this quilt as stitching on black fabric is not much fun.  The black just sucks up the light and even with an extra light it can be hard to see at times.  I think tacking the binding down on a quilt is my least favorite part of quilting so am glad to have it done, done, done!

Well - now I can say I used my 25 yards of fabric since August to meet the guild challenge for this year.  Thank goodness that is done!  Already have an idea for what to do next but first I must get the rest of the things ready to take to the guild meeting.  We are having a kind of auction where we all bring an item we no longer want and donate it - everyone buys tickets and drops them into the bag of the item they want to win.  The tickets are cheap - 10 for $1 and everyone gets into the spirit of it.  We also are having a pot luck supper and playing a dice game called Right, Left Center and the items we are trying to win are 2 1/2" strips of fabric.  Our May meeting is always so much fun so am looking forward to it.

Until Later,
Lynn

4 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

What a beauty! It just glows!!! And your backing trick adds another layer of skills. Congratulations - and to think it's a humble 9-patch! Gorgeous. 8-)))

tich said...

Wow! I love black backgrounds. As Elaine says, your quilt just glows. And the quilting is just great!

ytsmom said...

It was so nice to see the article in the Independent about you today. Congrats!!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Oh my, that quilt is gorgeous. The colors really pop against the black.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...