Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Beaded Beads

It is time to take down my Christmas tree in the house as well as move the Christmas posts down the list on my blog with something new. We did have a great time with our family last weekend for our postponed celebration. It is always so much fun to watch and listen to the 4 grand kids play. They don't get to see each other very often and really enjoy playing together.

The week we were snowed in here before and during Christmas I spent some of that time making more beaded beads. These 4 below are the twisted kind using several sizes of beads and an uneven peyote stitch.

These next three are made using an even peyote stitch and the same size beads. I let my daughters choose the bead they wanted and they each chose one of these rather than the twisted ones.

I also made these pastel small ones for the two granddaughters. When the two grandsons saw them they said they would like one too so I will be making a blue and white one and a red and black one for them. Their mother said they have a chain they wear once in a while so the bead could be put on that to wear.

One of the things I have started doing to the latest beads I have made is to do the beading over a plastic drinking straw and when it is finished I cut a piece of the straw to keep inside the bead. I draw up the beads on each end with my beading thread which makes the ends smaller so the straw section will not fall out and you can't see it. The straw keeps the bead from collapsing and it is easier to run a chain or cord through also. The beads are quick and fun to do so expect to see more in the future.

We are experiencing another blizzard today. The snow started coming down this morning and started blowing by noon. The winds are blowing 20-30 miles per hour with gusts up to 35-45 so the snow is building up again into new drifts or making the ones we have even larger. Thursday it is supposed to continue to snow and blow plus be really cold with the high for the day not getting over 0 degrees F. with wind chills of -30 F. Burrr! I am so tired of this weather we have had this winter. We still have a lot of winter left to go so hope we don't continue to keep having these horrible storms as we are not used to winters like this. Most years we get some snow and some cold but not the heavy snows and blowing like we have this year. A lot of times we don't get any snow until January so we already have had a month of this and I do believe we have had our share.

No question about it though, tomorrow I stay in and sew and can watch the snow storm through my sewing room window.

Lynn

2 comments:

Geta Grama said...

It seems you have a new passion, Lynn !
These beaded beads are wonderful ! How many patience you have to make them !

Bev said...

Where can I find instructions for these bead projects? I love your blog and projects. Bev in SW Ohio

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...