Saturday, December 12, 2009

Carolina Christmas - Step 1

The strips for step one are cut - 2 1/2" wide of cream and gold. As you can see I have some stitched and an unruly pile waiting to be paired up. See Elaine, it didn't stay clean too long.

Here is an even closer look at the jumbled pile.

I put my rotating mat on the top of my pressing surface so I don't have to bend over to cut. These strip sets had to be cross cut into 2 1/2" slices....192 of them.

Decided I had better sew when I can so I don't get too behind on the steps to this mystery. I am printing off the steps as they come out so I can have it handy to read as I stitch. Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville the creator of the Carolina Christmas mystery has lots of hints in her instructions so don't want to miss out on any of them.

Happy Quilting,
Lynn

2 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

hehe, that jumbled pile looks like my dining room table right now with lots of gifts being made. :)..and wow, you got tons of snow!! :)

Elaine Adair said...

Oh thank goodness most other quilters have the same mess I usually have! 8-))) sometimes I think I'll never get things neatened up, but then I think of all the projects I HAVE done, between the messes!

I've been coveting that particular mat ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...