Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beading Tutorial

I was asked to do a beading tutorial but I am such a novice at beading I will refrain from showing my inexperience that way. I do have a solution for those wanting to learn though.

I typed in "peyote beading tutorials" on YouTube and found a few excellent ones. Check out the ones I list below if you are wanting to learn as they are pretty good.
Peyote Beading Stitch Tutorial Part 1
Peyote Beading Stitch Tutorial Part 2
How to Video tubular Peyote Stitch Needle Case Snowman Pattern
How to Video Flat Circular Peyote Stitch Add a Lid Snowman Needle Case

The only stitch I know how to do is the peyote stitch and use size 11 Delica tubular beads. There are several different stitches you can use to do bead weaving that I have yet to learn. I am taking a beading class next Sat. Nov. 14th but don't remember what it is we are being taught. Will have to let you know when I know I guess.

Have not done any sewing for about a week now. We are still in the process of harvesting yet and when we got rain again at the middle of the week it kept us out for a few days. We were having company over the weekend so spent my free time cleaning house and just relaxing between times. Had to clean up the sewing room and have not even messed it up yet.

After being in a tractor all day on harvest days I just want to sit so have been working on another beaded needle case while sitting in my chair in front of the TV. I just don't have the energy to sit at the sewing machine when I am tired. Will be nice when I do get back to stitching though.

Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...