Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cut, Cut, Cut......

I have cut fabric and cut fabric and have nice stacks of the different sizes of fabrics from my big tote neatly stacked in these new plastic boxes to keep them sorted, but I am beginning to think that we have a bad infestation of fabric multiplying gremlins living here as the level in the box has sure not gone down much. I have sorted out the larger pieces to keep to use for backings. Nothing is too large and backings will need to be pieced from them but it will work for a scrappy quilt. I have also sorted out and plan to throw away the fabrics I saved that are stiff, bleed when wet and fade badly.

My feeling is that this box should be nearly empty but it is not. It is about 2/3 full yet. Of course the fabrics are more tossed around and before they were mostly laying flat so maybe there looks like a lot of fabric but it is only fluffed up...hmmmmm.
I think I will cut until these small boxes are full then quit for now. It has been a nice feeling to finally do something with some of these fabrics. I just hated to get rid of them but knew they would not be in a quilt of a few colors and if I am going to make scrap quilts there is so much cutting before you can start I decided to cut the 2 1/2", 3" squares and 1 1/2", 2 1/2" and 3 1/2" strips. Did get the 9" squares cut from this box too for the workshop our guild has coming up in October.

Off to cut some more...
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...