Saturday, July 18, 2009

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, I Sew and Sew and Sew

Is there nothing more exciting than a pile of cut fabrics waiting to be sewn? After my grandsons left yesterday morning I pulled my box of bright fabrics out and started cutting. Found some white background prints with white colors to use in the quilt along with the brights.

I wanted to make a quilt for the Project Linus that the Nebraska State Quilt Guild is collecting quilts for at QuiltNebraska, our annual convention this year (By the way it is next week so had to get hopping in order for me to get it finished in time.)

I chose to make a simple strippy type quilt with 6" squares in rows alternating with 2" strips. The cutting was easy as I just cut around my 6 1/2" square ruler and away I went. The cutting went quickly so I could get to sewing by mid-afternoon. Had it all put together by the time I went to bed last night so now I need to get it layered and quilted.

I also need to take time to figure out what I need to collect for the classes I am going to take this year. Friday I have "Brazilian Embroidery: Quilt On Point" by Christine Hause. I won't have to collect much for this class as she has it kitted up - love to have a kitted class then I have all the right stuff needed for the class.

I am also taking an all day class on Saturday too. It is "Wacky Bird" by Suzanne Marshall. Can collect the fabrics and notions needed for this one from my stash but will have to leave time for that at the beginning of the week.

The celebrity auction catalog is posted to the Nebraska State Quilt web page here. My quilt is on page 10, Item 36. That auction will be held on Saturday night and will let you know how it went when I return.

Better get off the computer and get my shower as we are making a trip to watch our granddaughter show her 4-H rabbit at her county fair today. She is so excited. She called a couple of days ago to tell us her wildlife project gets to go to the State Fair. For a first time 4-Her that is pretty nice.

Happy, Happy Quilting!
Lynn

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Lynn I love the layout of this quilt. It would be perfect to showcase floral prints and such. And you share the name and source of the pattern? I also love your fabric selection. Everything just works so well together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...