Monday, June 1, 2009

Fusible Web Problems

Help....Does anyone know what is happening to the "Lite Steam-A-Seam2" I have been using? This is the first time I have used it and am wondering if it is me or if something is wrong with this fusible.

My problem is this - I traced my shapes on the side of the paper that seemed to be stuck to the fusible, took off the back paper, placed the sticky side on my fabric and pressed it down with my fingers to make it stick. The problem comes when I try to cut out the applique shapes. The paper tries to slip off and I can't get an entire shape cut out without holding the paper on with my fingers. As you can imagine the paper slips so my cutting is not good, to be honest the appliques don't even look like they should and have sharp corners on supposedly smooth curves.

I am about ready to pull my hair out with this cutting. Am I using this product correctly, does it always act this way? (paper slipping off before cutting)

I have to go shopping one day this week and will look for something else if I can get some suggestions. It needs to be light weight and sewable.

In case you are wondering, I have been using and have used up some old, no longer available fusible I had or I would go back to it. I had bought a bolt of Aileens fusible before it was discontinued and it has lasted a long time.

Here's hoping someone can help. Am going to post the same question on an applique list I belong to as well. Will let you know what I find out from them too.

Lynn

2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

hmmm no help here, but I'll be watching for the answer. I usually use the same product.

Geta Grama said...

I never finger press, I use an iron (for a very short time). And I use Wonder Under for fusible applique and didn't have any problem.
I hope this helps you !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...