Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Egg Cakes

Look at all the bright Easter Egg cakes! I baked the little egg shaped cakes in a small cupcake like pan and the large one in halves then put them together to make the egg. I made and froze the cakes earlier in the week before S and the boys came then we decorated them on Friday before Easter.

What fun! S. and I put the base frosting on then we let the boys ages 3 and 6 decorate. We had to help a little and M the 3 yr. old had trouble squeezing the decorating tubes but we did finally get them all "pretty" as the boys said. John even came into the kitchen and helped a little.

They were enjoyed by the guests we had on Saturday for dinner but we did have a few left over so I sent them home with S and her family. That is the last thing I need right now is temptation to eat more sweets. I am trying to loose some weight and have little or no will power so need all the good stuff out of the house.

Am starting to get excited because my two sisters and another friend are going to the AQS show in Paducah in about a week. I have been making my shopping list for several months and when I would think of something I would write it on my list on the bulletin board. Most of my list is notions I can't get here and different kinds of threads. Can't wait to see all the beautiful quilts - it is almost sensory overload!

This week has just got to be devoted to getting the one auction quilt done. I would like to have it done by the time I leave if I can. The Nebraska Cattlemen's Ball is the first part of June and they would like to get it as soon as possible to get it photographed. The other auction quilt needs to be done by June 1 so will work on it next and save the one I am making for myself to last.

Happy Quilting
Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...