Thursday, February 26, 2009

Signal Lights - Doll Bed Quilt


Showing another of my doll beds and it's quilt. I named this quilt "Signal Lights" and it was made for the "Out of the Blue" challenge the Nebraska State Quilt Guild had at the 2005 state convention in North Platte.

This next photo shows it's relative size next to my hand. The blocks are 1" square and the quilt is hand quilted.
The challenge guidelines were:
1. Create a quilt, garment or doll that uses only blue and white.
2. Project can be any size, use any pattern or any fabric.
3. Project must be quilted and finished by hand, machine or a combination.
4. Embellishments may be used but must be in the blue and white theme.
5. Attach a permanent label, identifying the quilter and city to the back of the project.
6. You must create a new item or finish one of your own UFO blue and white projects.
7. The finished piece to be displayed during QNE 2005 in North Platte, Nebraska

I chose to design my quilt in EQ5 and found a block called Signal Lights by Nancy Page from the Kansas City Star in 1942. I picked that block because the theme for convention was based on the WWII canteen in North Platte so wanted something that reflected that time period.

The blocks are paper pieced and I inserted a light blue 1/8" piece of folded fabric in between the white border and the dark blue border.

Happy Quilting,
Lynn

3 comments:

Denise Felton said...

What a fantastic miniature quilt! I've scheduled a link to your post to go live on my blog later this afternoon. I hope it brings you a few new fans.

Denise
http://needlework.craftgossip.com

Geta Grama said...

Your miniatures are wonderful ! I like the last pictures !

LindaQuiltsAlberta@gmail.com said...

Beautiful Lynn. Love your work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...