Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quilt In A Day

Yesterday I started and finished a project all in one day and I am not even Eleanor Burns! Aren't you amazed?

Guess now I will also have to admit it was a simple kit for a small wall hanging with the borders and center already cut so all I had to do was stitch the borders on, mark my fusible, iron them on, cut them out and fuse.

My sister J gave me this kit when she came to help white glove at the State Fair and it has been sitting on my sewing table since then. Yesterday I wanted to sew but didn't have anything started and my eyes landed on this kit. Was easy and fun to do.

I fused the applique pieces then did a buttonhole stitch around them with coordinating threads. After layering it I used the BSR foot to quilt it. It is getting easier to use the BSR with more practice but I still tend to tense up a lot.

It is called "Tulip Time" by Country Traditions and is 5" x 15". http://www.countrytraditionsonline.com/

Happy Sewing,

Lynn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...